Publisher's note: With our coronavirus coverage, our goal is not to alarm you but to equip you with the information you need. We will try to keep things in context and focus on helping you make decisions. See a list of resources at the end of this page.
Make Sure to Sign up for our Daily newsletter that includes all the latest information on the Coronavirus and our community! Right from the comfort of your home! <<<< Click Here to Sign Up >>>>
LOCAL CLOSINGS AND ONLINE SERVICES:
Adath Israel Congregation:
Evening minyanim Mondays through Thursdays, 7 p.m., and Sundays, 5:30 p.m., online only via Facebook Live
Thursday morning minyanim, 8 a.m. via Facebook Live and Zoom
B’nai mitzvah services will be held online.
Online classes, including Rabbi Sabath Shabbat Torah Study Saturdays, 10 a.m., via Zoom
All services cancelled.
Congregation Beth Adam:
Fridays 6 p.m.: Streaming service; can be watched at any time.
Saturday, 7 Apr., 7:00 p.m.: Congregational Zoom Passover Seder
Congregation Etz Chaim:
All services suspended until further notice.
Congregation Sha’arei Torah:
Closed. Virtual prayer, learning and social gatherings via Zoom.
Golf Manor Synagogue:
All services suspended until further notice. Online classes.
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion:
Campus closed and all classes on line through the end of the semester (mid-May).
Ordination and Graduation ceremonies have been cancelled.
Holocaust & Humanity Center:
Virtual tours, virtual book club, and livestream talks available on their website.
Closed through Sunday, Apr. 30.
Jewish Family Service:
All group programs suspended through Wednesday, Apr. 1.
The Heldman Family Food Pantry remains open.
StarPoint Home Care is operating as usual.
Jewish Federation of Cincinnati:
JFC-Super Sunday (previously scheduled for Sunday, Apr. 5), cancelled and working on alternative options.
Lion of Judah Thank You Luncheon (previously scheduled for Thursday, Apr. 30), cancelled.
Northern Hills Synagogue:
Fridays at 6:00 p.m. - Minḥah and Kabbalat Shabbat service (concludes bringing in Shabbat), streaming.
Mondays at 9:00 PM - Shacharit Shabbat service, streaming.
Classes via Zoom.
Friday night services, 6:15 p.m., live-streamed.
Saturdays, 9:30 and 10:30 a.m.: Sichat Torah (Torah study) and Shabbat Services via Zoom.
Skirball Museum in Cincinnati:
Closed through Monday, Jun. 1.
Temple Beth Sholom, Middleton:
Second seder postponed.
Friday night services, 6:30 p.m., live-streamed.
Shabbat morning Torah study and services, 10:30 a.m., via Zoom.
Fridays, 7:30 p.m., live-streamed.
Saturdays, 10:30 a.m., live-streamed.
Friday Shabbat evening services, 6:15 p.m., live-streamed or via Facebook live.
Young Families of Wise Temple (YoFI; ages 5 and under) events via Facebook Live.
Families with school age children, events via Facebook Live.
Study via Zoom.
News from the Tri-state:
- Coronavirus latest: 28,454 cases in Ohio; 7,935 in Kentucky; 28,255 in Indiana
- Coronavirus In Ohio: DeWine Expects Students Back In Classrooms This Fall
- Cincinnati Children’s: Employee of ‘key partner organization’ tests positive for COVID-19
- Coronavirus closures and cancellations in the Tri-State
ARTICLES FROM AROUND THE WORLD:
- President Donald Trump tests negative for COVID-19, White House says
- Chaos at U.S. Airports, New Restrictions on International Travel Around the World
- Spain moves toward a lockdown, and France closes most businesses.
- The math behind why we need social distancing, starting right now
- The latest Jewish coronavirus updates: Unprecedented restrictions in N.J. Jewish community, Italy’s Jews in crisis, travel restrictions and more
- To stop the coronavirus, New Jersey rabbis decide to shut down their Jewish community
- Brazilian Jewish schools close to prevent coronavirus infections
- 29 coronavirus cases confirmed at one New York Jewish school
- Report: Israeli agriculture minister attends emergency food security meeting amid COVID-19 crisis
- Iran coronavirus deaths hit 429; 75 in the past 24 hours
- ‘The worst situation we have faced since World War II’: Rome’s Jewish community responds to the coronavirus
- Israel closes schools and universities due to coronavirus
- Jewish aide to Brazilian president tests positive for coronavirus days after meeting with Trump
- NHL suspends season; MLB to halt spring training; NCAA conference tourneys canceled
- Jerry Seinfeld postpones New York City shows
- Why people with diabetes, like Tom Hanks, may be at increased risk of coronavirus